Death or Glory :: Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GEARS virgin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lozmart

lozmart

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:53 am

As most of you know ive never played gears before. My lads just got a cheap copy of 2 which im borrowing later to try out and im looking for opinions on how it compares to 3 (campaign and multiplayer) Also am i gonna understand whats going on or is it like a few other games ive played, miss the first game and never really know anything about the story!! Id like feedback from as many gears players as possible, positive or negative, id like to know if its worth letting the moths outta my wallet for......No cussing the sawn-off though cos i already know its a noob weapon Razz
Cheers lads (and soph n wayne)
Back to top Go down
DoG Tampax
Clan Leader
DoG Tampax

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 am

erm ideally mate u need to buy 1 2 and 3 or you're not gonna understand whats going on.iv never really been the biggest fan of the online but they are worth getting for the story if nothing else
Back to top Go down
iiCoMeAtMeBr0

iiCoMeAtMeBr0

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:47 am

Well, TBF i only played from 2, and i get the story, it does try to explain if you are a gears noob, at the very start of 3 it gives you the option to watch a "Whats happend so far" Clip to catch you up;
Back to top Go down
lozmart

lozmart

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 am

Ive given gears 2 a go and althought i dont know what went before in the storyline i must say GEARS ROCKS!!!!
I had a read online to give me a rough idea of whats going on and why, so im not totally in the dark. Some of the enemies are a pain to kill and im still not used to using cover effectivley but its getting there. Love the lancer and the sniper (forgot the name :p) not to keen on Boomsht thing tho and Horde mode is cool. I think once the bank balance has settled after MW and BF i may be forced to get gears 3....One question though, How the fuck do you aim mortars? i couldnt hit the broadside of a barn with the damn things.
Back to top Go down
DoG DEITY
Clan Leader
DoG DEITY

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:18 am

LT n RT mate hell take a knee n aim high you have to judge how long you hold RT down for distance
Back to top Go down
iiCoMeAtMeBr0

iiCoMeAtMeBr0

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 5:25 am

yeah aswell as pushing forward to aim ahead, it is just a "Distance guess" kind of job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GEARS virgin Empty
PostSubject: Re: GEARS virgin   GEARS virgin Empty

Back to top Go down

GEARS virgin
Page 1 of 1