Death or Glory :: Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

operation flashpoint:red river

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lozmart

lozmart

operation flashpoint:red river Empty
PostSubject: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:38 am

Ive read the reviews and watched the trailers, but do you guys think its going to be worth the buy. The squad co-op campaign idea is a feature i think works. Before i go spending hard earned money on it, i thought id get some of your opinions. I was going to buy home front until i read what you all said about it, lucky save me thinks Smile
Back to top Go down
DannyCons
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Just rented OFP so I'll let you know the last one was abit shite mind.
Back to top Go down
DannyCons
Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:29 am

Yeah this games abit shit tbh, sound design, art and gameplay are shocking.

And then there's the voice work, oh dear. Think I'll stick to Arma on the pc they've ruined the OFP name.
Back to top Go down
Tattastic
Admin
Tattastic

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Got the first one and sold it the next day, was not a fan at all. But, this was mainly due to it being extremely hard and frustrating, and it seemed like you had to have military knowledge to actually to play the game, but it was mentioned it was for hardcore military shooter game type people.

Been reading up on Red River last week and found that they have dumbed it down slightly to make it a bit easier, but still kept it for the hardcore type gamer. So I gave up and got it. Played it the last few times I've been online and it is slightly easier but it is still pretty hardcore, and a lot more realistic and tactical than the likes of Call of Duty (but its not better for this). There's nothing worse than clearing a village and then pop you've just been headshot by the AI (a headshots do could on this everytime).

One thing I have enjoyed out of the realism on this game is having to gauge bullet drop in long distance battles, reminded me of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and my tendency to snipe.

Anyhow I captured about 10 mins of Gameplay if you want to have look. Although my AI do a lot of the damage later on, and you will see me doing random things like pulling out binoculars - but this is due to pressing call of duty buttons to do things they dont do on OF.

Back to top Go down
http://www.paul-manton.co.uk
lozmart

lozmart

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:10 am

Id forgot about this thread lol, the missus bought me the game shortly after id posted. Must admit its not CoD, if you think you can leggit from a to b and heal once you get there, think again. I found once you get used to using the squad members efficiently its a pretty good game. Its one of those games that makes you think and adapt to situations. So many times ive gone storming into a village without setting up and been taken out in short order. Im more of an assault gunner, so setting the sniper on high ground and the heavy gunner covering the rear means i can usually make good progress with shot gun boy at my side. The only real complaint i have is the night missions, they are a bitch, NVG's are shite, and the torch gives out less light than a glow stick. All in all im not dissapointed at all, even if i have swore a few times when the AI dont do as there told, mind you some human squad mates dont either so its all gravy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Choppy474

Choppy474

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:06 am

have to say the co-op campaign sounds like a good idea lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: operation flashpoint:red river   operation flashpoint:red river Empty

Back to top Go down

operation flashpoint:red river
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death or Glory :: Forums :: Game Chat :: General Gaming-
Jump to: